The Groomers Rising Star is a new and exciting competition that gives grooming students across the UK a chance to shine!
It's simple to enter. All you need to do is send us a picture of a groom that you have completed recently, as well as a short paragraph explaining why you deserve to be the Groomers Rising Star.
We have some incredible prizes up for grabs. Your photos will be displayed on our website and will be judged by the Groomers Team, our customers, and Amy Manser. The winner will be announced on the 1st March 2020, as well as a second and third place.
So, what do you win?
Apart from being crowned the Groomers Rising Star for 2020, you will bag yourself some serious swag!
First place will win a range of Andis and Groomers goodies, including a training day with Amy Manser, two time of Groomer of the Year. You will also get a chance to create a blog for our Student Hub, describing what life is like as a student and what your future grooming goals are.
Fancy the challenge?
Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17/02/2020 to enter - full terms and conditions are listed below.
From everyone here at Groomers, we wish you the best of luck!
Amy has been showing and grooming dogs for over 20 years. She runs a kennel of show dogs and has raised multiple champions and top dogs across four different breeds. Amy also runs a professional grooming salon and trains young groomers. She has competed in several grooming competitions and has been awarded several BIS show awards from the United Kingdom and Europe. Amy is a two time winner of Groomer of the Year and is currently a member of Groom Team England and the Guild of Master Groomers.
Terms and Conditions
This competition is open to all students of dog grooming in the United Kingdom studying towards a recognised dog grooming qualification.
The winner will be crowned the Groomers Rising Star of 2020 and will receive the Andis Excel 5-Speed+ Clipper, an Andis Tool Bundle, a Training Day with Amy Manser, a £75 Groomers voucher and more!
How To Enter:
Students will be judged on their photographic submission. Entrants must be 16 years old and over and must currently be studying a recognised dog grooming qualification.
The photographs entered must comply with the following terms of entry, which are:
Images must be taken and presented in a professional manner
Images entered by email must be good quality images in JPG format – good quality mobile phone photos will be allowed
The entrant must send the following:
Good quality photograph of a recent groom that the entrant has completed whilst studying
Paragraph explaining why you deserve to be the Groomers Rising Star of 2020 which will be used on the Groomers LTD website and social media
Name of the college that the Entrant is currently studying at
Photographs must be sent to the following email address email@example.com or posted to the following address:
FAO Student Department
137 Greenham Business Park
The entry provided will be judged by the Groomers LTD team, by members of the public who visit the Groomers LTD website, and Amy Manser.
Cost Of Entry:
Entry to this competition is free.
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to all students who are studying at a recognised college throughout the United Kingdom.
2. The competition will run from 9am 8th January and will close 8pm 17th February.
3. The winning student will be contacted between 1st of March and the 8th of March via telephone. The winning student will also be announced via the Groomers social media platforms.
4. Entrants must not have partaken in previous work which may bring Groomers, or Andis into disrepute.
5. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants Groomers LTD a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute and display their bio, images, blog posts, or multimedia content on any media, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part. Entrants also grant each user of the Groomers LTD website a non-exclusive licence to access their submitted material through the website. Each entrant confirms that their entry does not infringe the copyright or similar rights of any third party.
6. Groomers LTD reserve the right at any time to remove any material or submissions which it deems to be unlawful, indecent, dishonest, or in any way detrimental to both brands without prior notice.
7. Entrants must be in possession of a valid UK passport.
8. Groomers LTD will not be liable for any loss or damage to you, or your property, unless caused by Groomers LTD negligence.
9. The winning entrant will be required to write a blog post for the Groomers LTD Student Blog about their life as a student.
10. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable and there are no cash alternatives.
11. Participation signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions, including the instructions to this promotion, which form part of these terms and conditions.
12. Groomers LTD reserves the right, without liability, to amend any part of the campaign at any time.
Intellectual Property Rights:
Every entrant to the competition avows that by participating in this competition they positively confirm that they consent to free and absolute use by Groomers LTD and Andis, of any photographic, digital, or other imagery submitted by them or on their behalf for entry purposes and any subsequent material which is created for or as a result of this competition including use of film, photography, or written words including quotes whether in the press releases, website materials, promotional purposes, blog posts, or otherwise. However, Groomers LTD and Andis will not cause or permit the publication of any personal information relating to any entrant other than the name, age, and place of study.