Exercise Pets’ Bodies AND Their Brains
We know dogs need daily exercise to stay fit and healthy, but did you know that exercise can benefit their brains too?
Of all the exercise we know, those taken up at Crufts are definitely effective at keeping dogs’ minds active:
- Flyball – Leaping over hurdles in perfect timing and retrieving a ball that could go in any direction will ensure dogs are staying sharp
- Agility – Listening and responding to commands quickly while traversing obstacles is very tricky! Try out this kit to get started – click here.
- Heelwork – It’s all about the commands again here, and about learning them in the first place, that makes competing dogs very smart!
You don’t have to compete though; these ideas should do the trick too!
- See if you can train your dog to learn new tricks! This kit is great for that – click here.
- Simply playing games in the park such as fetch will ensure they keep well-trained
- Giving them special toys with treats hidden inside will encourage problem-solving skills
- Playing hide and seek makes dogs really think about where you could be hiding or where you could be hiding those treats!