Top Tips for Blade Maintenance
/ January 19th, 2015 / There are currently 0 comments
Prolong the life of your clipper blades with these tips:
- Oil blades regularly before and after use with 3 drops of oil on the blade to prevent rusting. Wipe off excess.
- Brush off hair periodically while clipping and before oiling.
- Ensure tension and blade placement are correct before use.
- Clean blades after use with blade wash to ensure a deep clean and use a hard brush to get into the teeth. Dry immediately.
- Keep the blades well lubricated at all times to prevent clipper rash.
- Store blades in a blade box or rack to prevent blade damage. For blades that are not in use for long periods, wrap them in an oil-soaked cloth and leave in a moisture-free area, again, to prevent rust.
- Ensure trailing leads are not in the way as a trip may result in clipper blade damage and personal injury.
- If the blades are fixed to the clipper, ensure the blade guard is in place before storing.
- Do not use damaged blades or clippers. If a tooth is bent or broken, replace the blade.
Watch our YouTube video for a visual guide on how to clean your clipper blades.