Top 5 Winter Stable Rugs
Keep horses warm this winter with these cosy stable rugs:
1. Keep ponies comfortable in cold weather with the PonyWarma Stable Rug, which is suitable for 4’ to 5’6 horses. This stable rug features a 300 denier outer layer with a 300g polyfill insulation to protect against cold weather. This rug includes double breast straps, cross surcingles, a tail flap and a fillet string.
2. Try the Montreal Stable Rug for a larger horse measuring 5′ – 7’3’’. This breathable rug features a 200g fill and 210 denier outer gives ample overlay at the breast as well as large tail flaps to keep warmth in. This rug includes padding at the withers, adjustable cross surcingles and breast straps and a fillet string. Ideal for those who prefer to layer rugs.
3. The Bridleway Quebec Stable Combo Rug is designed for absolute warmth in winter. The rug is quilted, with a 350g filling, an integrated neck cover and a 210 denier outer to retain warmth. It features easy buckle fastenings, adjustable cross surcingles, a tail flap and fillet string. Suitable for horses sized 5’6” – 7’.
4. For a slightly heavier filling, try the Shires Chillcheeta Stable Rug, which features a 375g filling as well as shoulder gussets for comfort, fillet string, tail flap, cross over belly straps and a double buckle front. This stable rug is suitable for horses measuring 5’3” – 7’.
5. The Funnell Heavyweight Stable Rug is ideal for hor
ses in draughty and cold stables as it features a hard-wearing 1680 denier cross weave cotton lining and a 350g filling. It includes anti-rub front fastening to prevent hair loss and is suitable for horses measuring 4’9” – 7’.
For more options, please browse our stable and travel rug range.