Make a Pet Toy for Christmas
/ December 12th, 2014 / There are currently 0 comments
These DIY pet toys are perfect for some last-minute presents:
Cat: Instant Jingle Ball.
You Will Need:
- Plastic rounded container with a lid, for example, a medicine container.
- Four jingle bells
- Duct tape
- Festive paper
- Take a plastic container and wash out carefully.
- Take the jingle bells and place inside.
- Duct Tape the lid shut.
- Wrap it in some festive paper.
- You now have a toy that will keep cats entertained for hours.
Dog: Ball on a Rope.
You Will Need:
- Festive fabric cut into three strips: Two 25 x 80cm strips, and one 10 x 20cm strip.
- A small ball, we used a tennis ball.
- Take a festive fabric or an old red striped t shirt and cut into three strips as specified above.
- Shape the two longer pieces so that one is lying over the other in the shape of a cross. Place a tennis ball at the centre of the cross.
- Fold the lower fabric piece back on itself over the ball and repeat with the higher piece. Fold the smaller strip in half so it measures 5cm wide and tie off the wrapped ball with this smaller strip. Cut off the ends to neaten it up.
- Cut the long fabric tails into six even lengths, leaving them attached where tied to the ball.
- Plait the strips so that they form four braids that hand down from the ball and tie them off.
- You now have a Christmas themed toy, perfect for games of fetch and tug.