Halloween Horse Biscuits Recipe
/ October 12th, 2014 / There are currently 0 comments
Treat your equine friends this autumn with this easy to follow recipe for apple-flavoured treats:
Apple Horse Biscuits
- 220g margarine
- 140g plain flour
- 200g brown sugar
- 100g bran
- 160g diced carrots
- 160g diced apples
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 280g rolled oats, try quick-cook
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs to the margarine mixture.
- Stir in the flour, bran and bicarbonate of soda, and then mix in the oats, carrots and apples.
- Using a tablespoon, drop scoops of the mixture onto a silicone baking sheet or baking paper on top of a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Keep your horse biscuits in an airtight container or jar for up to two weeks.