Halloween Dog Biscuits
/ October 1st, 2014 / There are currently 0 comments
Include your dog in the Halloween festivities with these safe and tasty pumpkin treats:
Dog-Friendly Pumpkin Balls
- 80g pureed pumpkin
- 4 tbsp molasses
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 140g whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 drops water
- 2 drops orange food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Stir pumpkin, molasses, vegetable oil, and water together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to the mixture and stir until the dough softens.
- Rinse your hands so that they are damp. Scoop out small portions of dough and roll into balls. Use a size you would usually give as a treat.
- Place the balls onto a lightly greased silicone sheet and flatten.
- Whisk together the egg paint ingredients thoroughly and then brush over the treats.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the dough is hardened.
- Your biscuits should rise to create a little orange dome. Finish with a pumpkin seed stuck into the top.
If you don’t feel like baking, Groomers offers a range of treats for you to choose from. Find them here.