The Secret to a Whiter Coat – Quick Hints and Tips
/ August 1st, 2014 / There are currently 0 comments
Keep your dog’s white coat white with our handy tips and techniques:
- Use a whitening shampoo such as Groomers Blue Pearl Coat Enhancer. Designed specifically for the removal of stains from white coats, this formula as enhances the animal’s natural coat colour. This shampoo also contains a brightening formula to counteract any yellow tinge visible.
- When dealing with tough stains, do not dilute whitening shampoo. Use the formula neat, and leave to soak into the hair for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Try using baking soda on a very grey or stained coat. Baking soda is excellent at removing stains, and complements whitening shampoos well. It is also suitable for use on most skin and hair types. Put directly into the bath water, or mix into a paste and apply directly to any stains. Leave to soak for a few minutes then rinse.
- Use a good quality conditioner after shampooing. This optimises the heath of the coat, making it less porous, brittle, and prone to staining.
- Rinse all products away thoroughly. Product residue can make white coats dull.
- To treat tear stains on white coats, use a stain remover specifically designed for the eye area, such as Artero Pretty Eyes. Use consistently over the course of a few weeks and you should see some results. Remember to work very carefully around your dog’s eye area, and do not get any product directly into the eyes.
- Keep the eye area as dry as possible generally, as dampness from tear ducts can attract bacteria and enhance staining.
- If tear stains are a regular occurrence it is a good idea to get your pet checked out by a vet, as there could be an tear duct infection or a blockage.
- Tear stain problems could also be down to dietary issues – try a tear stain removal powder such as such as Eye Envy , which is made from a blend of herbs providing essential vitamins and minerals to help cleanse and boost the immune system.
- Remove urine stains immediately with a Groomers Aquasorb and a little Groomers Quick Wash Spray. The sooner you get to a stain, the easier it will be to remove.
- Keep hair around the eyes, feet and mouth trimmed close to prevent further staining.