10 Reasons to Attend Professional Grooming Events
/ June 3rd, 2014 / There are currently 0 comments
Dog grooming is a highly rewarding career in a growing industry, but it is also complex and evolving, with new techniques, ideas and products constantly emerging. Attending professional grooming events can help here.
Professional grooming events can:
- Allow you to develop new skills and techniques you can easily transfer to a salon setting.
- Give you a forum to question and resolve any issues you may have been having, from breed specific trims to pricing.
- Give you the opportunity to meet and learn from industry professionals at the height of their careers.
- Keep you up to date with new industry trends and techniques.
- Allow you to learn about innovative new products.
- Give you the chance to socialise with other professionals. Many groomers work alone, so these opportunities can provide a much-needed change of pace.
- Allow you to recruit new talent. If you are looking to expand your business, professional events can be a great starting point as there are often many students and fledging groomer attendees.
- Help you discover new lines and suppliers, ideal if you are a larger business or if you have a boutique or similar as part of your salon.
- Start relationships with new people that could lead to new opportunities, joint ventures or referrals in the future.
- Give you motivation. Being surrounded by like-minded professionals can be great catalyst to get new plans off the ground.