Keeping Your Dog Active
Keeping your pet active is vital for their health – it will help keep them at a healthy weight, aid with bonding and behaviour, and will also be beneficial for your own health too. Here are our top tips for keeping dogs active:
- As well as the standard two walks per day, involve a little active play in your daily routine. Take a toy with you to play fetch, or perhaps a clicker tool for some training.
- Find somewhere local where your dog can swim to give them a varied full body workout.
- Try to get out to a larger park or the countryside at least once a week, where you can have long off-lead walk, offering your dog the opportunity to explore and run.
- Play inside on rainy days. Tug toys are ideal for inside play as they teach self-control, and offer both energetic play and mental stimulation. You could also play fetch with a soft ball toy if there is space.
- Keep it interesting by varying/rotating toys. Groomers currently have a number of dog toys available that are ideal for active play.
Groomers is currently offer 50% OFF a range of toys to help keep dogs active. To shop the range click here.