Homemade Christmas Dog Biscuits Recipe
Christmas is in the air, and baking these tasty dog biscuits is a great way to involve your pet in the festivities. They contain seasonal spices, which are all tasty and safe for dogs to eat, and can benefit any overindulged, upset stomachs. These biscuits would make for a thoughtful present for any dog-owning friends, and could also be used for dog training.
Ginger Bone Biscuits
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk
- 25g butter (softened)
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir until fully mixed together.
- Pour in all the liquid ingredients and the egg into the dry mixture and whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl until the mixture is stiff and springy. You may need to swap to stirring with a wooden spoon as the mixture thickens.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface until it is approximately 0.5cm thick, then cut into bone shapes. Why not try using Groomers Dog Biscuit Cutter Set, which features a variety of fun shapes?
- Bake in the oven on a greased baking tray until golden for about 25 minutes.
- Cool the biscuits completely on a wire rack before storing or giving to your dog. Store in an airtight box to retain freshness.
If baking is not your thing however, Groomers offer a variety of ready-made Christmas dog treats, find them here.