Trick or Treat Dog Biscuits
With Halloween coming up on the calendar shortly, there are a number of great opportunities for some seasonal fun with your pet. Children traditionally practise trick or treating at Halloween, but these festivities also offer a great opportunity to treat your dog to something tasty too. These Halloween themed dog biscuits are easy and affordable to make, and are full of tasty, canine-friendly ingredients that dogs love. This recipe is enough to make approximately two dozen biscuits, depending on how you cut them. They do not contain any baking powder, which means they should hold their shape well. They would also work well for dog training.
Pumpkin and Apple Dog Biscuits
- 280g whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 50g shredded pumpkin
- Small jar of apple sauce (or 2 heaped tablespoons)
- 1 heaped tablespoon oats (porridge oats are fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100ml water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350F, gas mark 5).
- In a small bowl, beat the apple sauce, the shredded pumpkin and the eggs together lightly.
- In a separate larger bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon and oats.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk the ingredients together. Add the water slowly to the mixture while you are whisking to make the dough workable. You might not need all the water measured. The finished dough should be dry and stiff, like typical biscuit dough.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface until it is approx. 1cm thick, and cut into shapes using the biscuit cutter set.
- Bake in the oven on a greased baking tray until golden and hard for about 20 minutes.
If baking is not for you, why not check out our range of Halloween themed dog toys? Simply click on the images below for more details.