Festival of Grooming 2012 – The Final Countdown
The wait is almost over – this year’s Festival of Grooming is nearly upon us! 2012’s Festival is returning to The Belfry for a second year, and the event is once again destined to be a fun and stimulating celebration of the grooming industry.
Our key-note speakers this year are Barbara Bird and Christina Pawlosky, who will share their significant experience and expertise to help boost knowledge, skills and techniques in both dog grooming and in business.
Throughout the weekend, there will also be a series of fun and informative demonstrations, delivered by leading grooming authorities. Demonstrations will be lead by Philip Langdon, Mich Dale, Jitka Krizova, Klaudia Csovari, Mike Wildman, Melanie Winters-Holmes, Julie Harris, Chrissie Warwick and Louisa Tandy, who will share their expertise to help boost delegate knowledge, as well as offering the opportunity to learn new skills.
There will be plenty of opportunities to shop, meet our sponsors, and gain advice on products. The festival will host a variety of trade stands, with the latest innovative new products and services on show. Groomers will be premiering our new liquid products range, complete with shelf-talkers and retail options for your salon. We will also be unveiling an exciting range of coveted new products at this year’s festival, which are new and exclusive to Groomers.
The weekend will also offer a great occasion to meet, network and socialise with fellow professional groomers, culminating in a sumptuous Gala Dinner. Expect a three-course meal with wine, followed by a night of entertainment!
There will be a variety of exciting learning opportunities and experiences throughout the Festival.
Barbara Bird will be holding talks on:
- Canine hair and coat damage. This talk will offer a close-up view of the structure and biology of canine hair, and factors relating to the causes of hair damage. Through use of Scanning Electron Microscopy, you will take a scientific journey into the canine hair shaft, and gain a graphic understanding of how coat damage occurs, how it can be managed and the treatment options available.
- The Digital Groomer. Here you will discover how to use digital technologies for marketing your business. Whether you are grooming solo in a home-based salon, or managing a large salon enterprise, your business can grow and become better connected to your client base through use of the Internet and digital technologies. Learn more about the uses of digital photography, social networking, the new wave of webinar education, and blogging for profit-building.
- Groomer Survival – How Long Will You Last? Longevity in a grooming career requires a realistic assessment of the physical, emotional and spiritual hardships of the job. In this session, Barbara will share a wealth of tips and information about how to prevent physical illness, damage to the body and spiritual burnout. Learn about managing stress and how to establish habits that will support a long and healthy career in pet grooming.
Christina Pawlosky will be holding talks on:
- Mix-breed Grooming. In this session you will learn the techniques needed to produce dynamic, multi-purpose trims that are fast and low maintenance. Ideal for the new or experienced groomer. Includes a Cockerpoo demonstration.
- Key Information on Shears and Blenders. Join Christina for everything you need to know about buying, maintaining and using shears and blenders. Discussions will include the different edges, metals, and finishes of grooming shears, how to use the correct tools to improve your performance, as well as elements of ergonomics, including the best ways to hold and use your shears.
- Schnauzers Made Easy. This talk will offer detailed information on how to clean, fix and finish this popular breed.
The second annual Festival of Grooming is on 21st and 22nd July 2012 at The Belfry. This venue offers excellent facilities in the heart of the West Midlands, with good transport links. The event is ideal for absolutely anyone in the dog grooming industry, from those with established salon businesses to new student groomers.
A very limited number of tickets for the event are still available. To book, please call our sales team on 0845 230 7997, or for more information visit the Festival of Grooming website.
N/B Please note, whilst all efforts are to ensure these details are accurate, the Festival programme is subject to change.