Festival of Grooming 2012
The Festival of Grooming is set to return to The Belfry for a second year after 2011’s hugely successful event. Designed to be a celebration of grooming, this year’s Festival will once again look to promote best practice in the grooming industry, and to further the standards and knowledge of industry professionals.
Throughout the weekend, there will be a series of fun demonstrations and informative talks. These will be delivered by world leading grooming authorities, including Barbara Bird, Christina Pawlosky, Philip Langdon, Mich Dale, Julie Harris, Chrissie Warwick and Louisa Tandy, who will share their expertise to help boost knowledge and business skills, as well as offering the opportunity to learn new grooming skills and techniques.
There will be a variety of exciting learning opportunities and experiences throughout the Festival, including:
- Information on canine hair and coat growth. Join Barbara Bird for a close-up view of the structure and biology of canine hair, and factors relating to the causes of hair damage. Through the use of Scanning Electron Microscopy, you will take a scientific journey into the canine hair shaft, and gain a graphic understanding of how coat damage occurs, how it can be managed and the treatment options available.
- Mix-breed grooming, including a Cockerpoo demonstration. Learn techniques for producing dynamic, multi-purpose trims. Ideal for the new or experienced groomer.
- How to use digital technologies for marketing your business. Whether you are grooming solo in a home-based salon, or managing a large salon enterprise, your business can grow and become better connected to your client base through use of the Internet and digital technologies. Learn more about the uses of digital photography, social networking, the new wave of webinar education, and blogging for profit-building.
- Key information on shears and blenders. Join Christina Pawlosky for everything you need to know about buying, maintaining and using shears and blenders. Discussions will include the different edges, metals, and finishes of grooming shears, how to use the correct tools to improve your performance, and elements of ergonomics, including the best ways to hold and use your shears.
- Grooming demonstrations. There will be numerous demos held across the weekend, including how to produce standard clips and grooming techniques for Poodles, West Highland White Terriers and Cocker Spaniels.
The weekend will also offer a great opportunity to meet, network and socialise with fellow professional groomers. There will be additional opportunities for you to look around a variety of trade stands, with the latest innovative new products and services on show. Finally, there will be a sumptuous Gala Dinner, including a three course meal with wine, followed by a night of entertainment.
The second annual Festival of Grooming will be held on 21st and 22nd July 2012 at The Belfry. The venue offers excellent facilities in the heart of the West Midlands, with good transport links. The event can be attended by anyone, from those with established salon businesses to new start-ups and students.
A variety of tickets for the event are still available, including weekend, day, and partner tickets. To book, please call our sales team on 0845 230 7997, or for more information visit our website.
N/B Please note, whilst every effort has been made to ensure these details are accurate, the Festival programme and details are subject to change.