Cats will learn to love water once we’re through!
Read these tips for hints on how to handle cats in the tub:
- Allow the cat to find a comfortable position
- Before you bathe the cat, it’s a good idea to trim the claws to prevent scratching
- Thoroughly brush the coat through
- To keep water out of ears, gently place cotton wool in them
- Ensure your bath has a smooth, slippy surface. This ensures claws do not catch on anything and that the cat cannot latch on
- Keep a hand on the cat at all times and keep the cat facing away from you as you bathe
- Use a shower head to gently soak fur with lukewarm water and lather on shampoo according to the instructions
- Always use products designed for cats as they have very sensitive skin!
- Avoid the face, ears and eyes when bathing, and instead wash these areas with a damp cloth
- Rinse off the shampoo thoroughly until all soap is removed
- Wrap the cat securely in a towel and transfer to your grooming table
- Towel well before using a dryer